Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Library corrupted

iPhoto 11 crashed while importing a jpeg photo and I had to do a force quit. The library is now corrupted and the icon is blank rather than iphoto. When I try to restore from TM it asks if I want to replace the file and I click replace. It starts to copy the file then quits and says I do not have permission to complete that task. How am I going to be able to restore the library?

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iMac DVSE (10.3.9)

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 8:47 AM

Hi folks, I solved the problem myself. I went into Time Machine to an earlier backup that I knew had a good copy of my iPhoto library. Instead of selecting ~>pictures>iPhoto Library, I selected ~>Pictures and clicked Restore. Time Machine then asked my for my password and after entering it, TM started to copy the entire Pictures folder into my Home folder. This took awhile as it was about 30gb, around half an hour but it completed the job and I have my photo collection back. Eureka!

I hope this may help someone else who has had trouble restoring their iPhoto Library.

Paco

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2012 8:47 AM in response to Paco

Hi folks, I solved the problem myself. I went into Time Machine to an earlier backup that I knew had a good copy of my iPhoto library. Instead of selecting ~>pictures>iPhoto Library, I selected ~>Pictures and clicked Restore. Time Machine then asked my for my password and after entering it, TM started to copy the entire Pictures folder into my Home folder. This took awhile as it was about 30gb, around half an hour but it completed the job and I have my photo collection back. Eureka!

I hope this may help someone else who has had trouble restoring their iPhoto Library.

Paco

iPhoto Library corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.