Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwork on iCloud safe for word.docx?

I am a teacher with a school district that is purly IBM but my heart and home is MAC.

Alas, I have spent a lot of money on Parallels for MAC (our desktop is MAC 27' 2011) and Microsoft office for MAC and would like to use iCloud but am shy with all the comments about loosing documents... I do most of my work on my MacBook Air.

any suggestions?

MacBook Air, iOS 5.1.1, OS Lion on MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 9:51 AM

Kitty

My data mangement plan for my work is to iCloud to sync my calendars, contacts, reminders, notes etc. between my Mac, iPhone etc. if you put a MS document through iCloud it is saved as an iworks document.

I use MS Skydrive to manage all of my Office documents - it keeps them intact and I can move between my Mac, PC and even my iPhone. Dropbox and Google drive have similar capabilities. I have Windows 8 on my PC.

Cheers

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2012 9:51 AM in response to KittyBaum

Kitty

My data mangement plan for my work is to iCloud to sync my calendars, contacts, reminders, notes etc. between my Mac, iPhone etc. if you put a MS document through iCloud it is saved as an iworks document.

I use MS Skydrive to manage all of my Office documents - it keeps them intact and I can move between my Mac, PC and even my iPhone. Dropbox and Google drive have similar capabilities. I have Windows 8 on my PC.

Cheers

Dec 31, 2012 2:53 PM in response to KittyBaum

iCloud is awsome! But do not trust it. Use it as a temporary spot for your documents and as soon as you can save it to a file or server. I would look at using Pages - I create all my documents with that. I would also look at buying Word for Mac at a later time. Now I understand you have paralells.. but chances are you will seldom use that unless the software to access the school is not web based. I would also suggest using DropBox (in addition to iCloud) or carry a usb thumb drive with you back and forth (may be better). You have to becareful, the computers at your school probably have policy and procedures for installing apps or sites you can visit.

iwork on iCloud safe for word.docx?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.