Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i make a new message, It is populating the message box with a PPI text?

Hi all,

If i create a new message, the text box gets populated with a PPI text message. I have tried:

Deleteing the message and cancelling the text

Rebooting my phone

Disabling the messaging functions and carrier

Restoring the phone from backup

I would normally format the thing and start again but i want to keep my messages!!

Pretty annoyed with this issue :\

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 9:52 AM

5 replies

Mar 25, 2013 2:10 PM in response to wedge1988

You're in luck, I fixed this myself. Apple suck for support, had nothing but problems from them.

I downloaded a tool called "iBackupBot" and connected my phone to my PC. It will detect the phone and load up a rather long list of files.

You need to find the default template for text messages (Sorry i can't be more specific its been a while!) and you can right click it and edit it as a text file. Delete the annoying text between the lines where it is quoted.

Leave the other code in as it's important (If there is any)

Hope this helps you.

Aug 27, 2013 10:32 AM in response to wedge1988

Thank you Wedge!

Here it goes -

1) Download iBackupBot: http://download.cnet.com/iBackupBot/3000-2141_4-10969873.html

2) Plug phone into computer and run backup

3) Use "Explorer" box to find Messages: HomeDomain/Library/SMS/Drafts/(null).draft/

4) In "Null Drafts" there is a file "message.plist"

5) Double click to open, (cancel the popup if you did not purchase the iBackupBot) and you will see the prepopulating message on the <string> line 6

6) Delete the offending text, leave all code

7) Close text editor

8) Right click on message.plist file and select "Restore selected item(s) to device"

9) File will be restored to your phone and it will restart itself.

10) Voila! Now it is time to consider that Windows phone....:)

When i make a new message, It is populating the message box with a PPI text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.