Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove kaspersky

I have moved Kaspersky to the trash and tried installing a new anti virus but the system says that Kaspersky is still running.

anti virus-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 3:57 PM

There is an uninstaller on the disk image file containing the installer. (Or, presumably, on the physical install disk, if you have one.) If you no longer have that disk image, go download a new copy of Kaspersky and then use the uninstaller to remove it.

Incidentally, what new anti-virus software did you try to install? There's a lot of junky anti-virus software out there. I would advise you to read my Mac Malware Guide, and then if you want to use anti-virus software, use one of the programs it recommends.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2012 3:57 PM in response to colin113

There is an uninstaller on the disk image file containing the installer. (Or, presumably, on the physical install disk, if you have one.) If you no longer have that disk image, go download a new copy of Kaspersky and then use the uninstaller to remove it.

Incidentally, what new anti-virus software did you try to install? There's a lot of junky anti-virus software out there. I would advise you to read my Mac Malware Guide, and then if you want to use anti-virus software, use one of the programs it recommends.

May 18, 2013 5:48 PM in response to thomas_r.

I killed my month-old iMac with Kaspersky, and wasted a few hours reverting back to a pre-Kaspersky Time Machine backup. I didn't need the Kaspersky uninstaller (because of the restore), but I DID sit down and read through Thomas Reed's Mac Malware Guide, and am in a much better place because of it. If you've arrived at this forum searching for problems with Kaspersky, I hope you'll read his guide as well. I know Windows, Linux, Solaris, HPUX and AIX... now it's time to get up to speed on how Mac OSX really works. Thanks Thomas!

How do I remove kaspersky

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.