Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help please on transfering iTunes onto new computer before I go to college in 4 days! Thanks!

I have a problem. The computer that i used for iTunes has died, but now i have a new one that i am attempting to use. I planned to plug in my iPhone and have all the music from my iPhone copy into the library, like my sister did, but it wont work with the new updated iTunes (as seen on the iTunes tab on Apple.com). I am leaving for college in 4 days and i would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out with this before i leave. I have tried everything from trying to find the "hidden files" of my music that are supposedly on my iPhone in "computer", trying using cd's (the problem with cd's is that they copy onto my core library but NOT onto my ipod, and my iPod won't sync to my library unless it erases whats on my iPod, which is don't want it to do). Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 12:01 PM

The iphone/ipod is not a backup/storage device. The sync is one way - computer to iphone/ipod. This is no different than with every other itunes version. Nothing has changed in this respect. The exception is itunes purchases: File>Devices>Transfer Purchases.

You should copy everything from your backup copy of the dead computer, to your new one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2012 12:01 PM in response to Stephie_Jan16

The iphone/ipod is not a backup/storage device. The sync is one way - computer to iphone/ipod. This is no different than with every other itunes version. Nothing has changed in this respect. The exception is itunes purchases: File>Devices>Transfer Purchases.

You should copy everything from your backup copy of the dead computer, to your new one.

Need help please on transfering iTunes onto new computer before I go to college in 4 days! Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.