Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an eMac that is at least 5 years old that will not startup. I replaced the backup battery and pressed the reset button and it still does the same thing. After sitting for some time when I try to start it it makes a startup sound but nothing happens

I have an eMac I use for my grandkids to play on and it won't startup now. After sitting for awhile it will sound like it is going to startup when I press the start button but nothing happens. I have replaced the backup battery and pressed the reset button and it still does the same thing. Any ideas before I dump it?

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 1:36 PM

6 replies

Dec 31, 2012 5:59 PM in response to Redyettie

Resetting the Logic Board

Resetting the logic board can resolve many system problems. Whenever you have a

unit that fails to power up, you should follow this procedure

before replacing any modules.

1 Unplug the computer.

2 Press the Power On button on the front of the unit.

3 Open the side access panel.

4 Remove the battery from the logic board.

5 Wait at least 10 minutes before replacing the battery.

6 Make sure the battery is installed in the correct +/-

direction.

7 Reassemble the computer and test the unit.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

I have an eMac that is at least 5 years old that will not startup. I replaced the backup battery and pressed the reset button and it still does the same thing. After sitting for some time when I try to start it it makes a startup sound but nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.