Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to any cnet site.

I get a server timed out message when tryng to connect through my AirPort to any Cnet site such as MacFix. All of the other numerous sites that I use work fine. Also, when I bypass the AirPort and use the MacPro directly to the DSL modem, Cnet works fine. I'm assuming that I have somehow mis-configured the AirPort. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks.

AirPort-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 2:26 PM

4 replies

Jan 7, 2013 12:22 PM in response to gbabcock

Since my original post, I have gathered some more information. One fact that I forgot to mention is that my DSL connection is with a fixed IP address, not a DHCP from the Internet provider.

A new data point is that I temporarily removed the Airport Extreme and put in a Linksys E4200v2 router. The result was the same as with the Airport Extreme: Cnet sites time out. I'm wondering if the problem is that Cnet can't handle the fixed IP address on the DSL modem.

Jan 7, 2013 12:43 PM in response to gbabcock

Might be some clues here:

https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/articles/FAQ/CBSi-Terms-of-Use?template=templ ate_tougl&referer=tougl.com&data=&cfs=default

or

https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/submitcase?template=template_tougl&referer=to ugl.com&cfs=default

You will have to reach them from outside of your network to let them know about the issue. Look for the MAC address of your modem on the back or bottom of the device, as that will be one of the questions that they ask.

Be sure to tell them that you are using a static IP address as well.

can't connect to any cnet site.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.