Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies that show in iTunes won't sync to my iPad 4

I'm trying to sync some moves from my laptop to my iPad4. I've verified that I have adequate space on the iPad, checked the three movies I want to move, verified that iTunes shows that 3 movies will sync and then hit sync. The info at the top shows the 5 steps and goes throught them, but no movie sync. UUUHHHGGG if it helps I'm set up for cloud and home sharing, but I've also tried doing this at work and get the same result, please help.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, Windows 7, The iPad has the most up to date OS

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 3:58 PM

12 replies

Dec 31, 2012 4:25 PM in response to JasonVA73

What version of i-Tunes are you currently running? I just did the latest update the other day and spet some time getting acquainted with the new interface. After many attempts to sync up a 1st gen i-pad I finally figured out that using Manual process I had to drag the selected movies to the i-Pad icon on the top right hand side of the header bar. When I dropped the movie there I got the dialog to sync.

Dec 31, 2012 4:31 PM in response to JasonVA73

Do you have content restrictions set on the iPad that could be preventing the movies from syncing?

Settings>General>Restrcitions>Allowed Content>Movies. If you have restrictions set, that could be why the movies will not sync.

And you are signed into the same ID on the iPad with which the movies were purchased?

Dec 31, 2012 4:36 PM in response to Demo

I may have purchased some of the movies with another account, but I've only ever had two and I've tried syncing movies that I know I bought with my current Apple ID and those won't sync either. I checked the restrictions and that doesn't seem to be the issue, but thanks for that option, it was certainly worth checking.

Feb 18, 2013 6:56 PM in response to JasonVA73

I have had the very same problem with syncing movies to my 160GB iPod Classic. I have purchased both Inception and Memento from the iTunes store at different points in time, and only Inception will sync to my 160GB iPod Classic. This problem now makes sense after reading through another thread found here. My copy of Inception is SD, and my copy of Memento is HD; the 160GB iPod Classic does not support HD video.

Now, I realize that you are experiencing this problem with the iPad 4 and not a 160GB iPod Classic, but this Apple Support article has information about syncing HD movies to the iPad.

Movies that show in iTunes won't sync to my iPad 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.