Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro not compatible with Cintiq graphics tablet??

Hello I just got a MacBook Pro with retina display for X-mas and I've been trying to install my Wacom Cintiq tablet on it and well it's not working to good.

I keep getting this message:

"You can't open application "install" because PowerPC applications are no longer supported"

User uploaded file

:'(

Is there any way to install it?? I'm really feeling kinda dissapointed right now…….

Just incase this stuff matters I have:

MacBook Pro Mountain Lion with retina

OS X Version 10.8.2

Cintiq 12wx

Model: DTZ-1200W

Manufactured on FEB. 2008

PLEASE HELP!?!?!???????

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 4:18 PM

8 replies

Dec 31, 2012 6:15 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

OGELTHORPE wrote:

I ran into the same problem with an older editiom of Micro Soft Office. No more PPC applications on the new OS.

IGNORE THE MAN BEHIND THAT CURTAIN!!!

It never fails to baffle me why people who should know better, go out of their way to post incorrect information.

Using Microsoft Office 2004 is not using a Wacom Tablet!?! If you do not have direct experience, or will not take the time needed to attempt to find the exact answer, isn't it better to just not post at all, rather than mislead the OP?

All I did was a simple check at the Wacom website for Drivers for the OP's model, and I came up with these drivers for his Tablet's use in Mt. Lion:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

[click on images to enlarge]

http://www.wacom.com/en/support/drivers

Good luck!

Jan 1, 2013 6:57 AM in response to MlchaelLAX

MichaelLAX, greetings; When I first read your reply, my initial reaction was WOW! I found it entertaining and and to a degree somewhat humorous. Initially I decided to ignore it but further thought prompted this response. There are two points that need to be made.

This post showed a message indicating that PPC was the problem. I indicated why and mentioned that my archaic Microsoft Office suite suffered the same shortcoming. Why? PPC. That is factually correct. Did I find or offer a solution. No. You did and well earned kudos to you.

You excoriated me for not going the extra mile by failure to investigate the Wacom website for possible solutions. In the Apple Forum etiquette page it indicates that prior to posting a query, research should be performed first regarding the issue for possible solutions. This would obviate the need for the post in the first place. That begs the question, should not the OP share in this vitriol? The fact is most posts have been answered before and I simply accept this as part of the general human condition.

This point is the important one. Your rhetoric and tone are clearly in violation of 2.2 of the Terms of Use Agreement (posted below). I have witnessed comments of a lesser magnitude that elicit quarrels among forum participants that only stir up animus among them. It makes for disappointing reading, is pointless and does not aid in solving the problem at hand. Entire posts have been deleted by the forum moderators which then can deprive the forum archives of useful information.

I an not angry, upset or offended but make these comments in the spirit of constructive criticism. I hope that it will be received that way and I do wish you a good 2013.

Ciao.

User uploaded file

Jan 1, 2013 8:05 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Hehe I do feel kinda stupid for jumping the gun and posting now before I looked around a little harder. (Just kinda excited to have a new computer after running the old one ragged after nearly 8 years.) ^^; I don't know why it never crossed my mind to do that instead of using the instal disc the Cintiq came with.

I do apprciat anyone and everyone who drops by and tries to help so thank you. =)

Sorry about the blonde moment guys.....^^;

Thanks again and Happy New Years!

Jan 1, 2013 9:05 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Are you really defending your response that left the OP with his stated impression that "There is no way this will work at all? No work around?" by saying it "is factually correct?" This forum is neither a political campaign nor a perjury trial.

No, I do not hold the OP to the same standard, especially given the OP's response, just above: Presumably this forum is here to help, not hinder. Holding the OP to the same standard of knowledge and experience renders much of this forum irrelevant.

Of course, the OP could have looked at the support portion of the Wacom website, but that truly begs the question! The whole point is that the OP may not even know to look at the support forum of a website.

As to your point that the OP could have searched this forum for a previous answer, this is not a moderated forum in the way that say, the Handbrake forum is moderated. Apple's moderators do not post answers on this forum; only other users. Over at Handbrake, the moderators are also the programmers who are continuously rewriting, upgrading and modifying the program.

Requiring Handbrake's moderators to continuously answer the same question, takes them away from important business. Requiring you to answer the same question is easily solved by your not answering it again, if that is what you chose to do. Actually Apple's choice to give "points" to helpful and/or posts that answer the problem is one that leads to members who probably want to answer the same problem more often than not.

Further, new information and/or updated information may make a "repeated" solution more current. It is hardly a vice to repeat helpful information, when the goal is to help the OP.

Use of terms like "excoriated" and "vitriol" are more likely to result in your suggested misbehavior: "comments... that elicit quarrels among forum participants that only stir up animus among them."

Apple's moderators generally consider a discussion of Apple's Term of Use a violation of those Terms. Suffice it to say that your ego may have been bruised a bit, and to that extent I apologize.

However, I stand behind my point, that it is better to say nothing than post information that is either incorrect or leads the OP to an incorrect conclusion.

Of course, my reference to the man behind the curtain was a joke based upon your listed residence at "Emerald City, Oz!"

New MacBook Pro not compatible with Cintiq graphics tablet??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.