Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No voicemail notification with Straight Talk

I recentlly bought an unlocked carrier unlocked iPhone 4S and have been using Straight Talk's unlimited plan for the past month. A week ago I stopped getting the indicator bubble on the phone icon showing that I have a new voicemail message and now i see the Visual Voicemail screen under voicemail. Before it just dialed the voicemail box (Straight Talk does not support visual voice mail)

I've tried everythigng and have been backing and forth with ST for about 3 days! This is what I have tried.

THey have restet my voicemail twice.

I have deleted and installed the APN setting a number of times via unlockit.co.nz and now via STs page.

reset network setting on my phone

installed from a back up but I have not done a total wipe and reinstall app load

It's weird because if I have data turned I see the icon but as soon as data is turned on it dissapears.

Any suggestions, as I am loving having data on my phone but not geting VM indications is a right royal pain in the arse.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 4:25 PM

13 replies

Jan 26, 2013 8:38 AM in response to teamblakely

Yes, I took out the sim card, put in an active tmobile sim, let it connect to the tmobile network and then swapped back the straight talk sim card and my voice mail was fixed. You could try a non active sim, old sim card, but I used a sim card from an active pay as you go tmobile account so the sim card may need to be active. You can buy ATT pay as you go sim cards for $6 I hear or just borrow a friends for a minute or two - sim card must obviously be micro sim.

Jun 27, 2015 10:54 AM in response to DJLove

DjLove, This helped me as well! I did a google search for the problem I was having and came upon this page. When I purchased my Straight Talk SIM card it came with multiple cards, ones for Verizon, ATT and Tmobile. I have been using ATT so what I did was pull the ATT one out, pop the Tmobile on in for a few minutes, put my ATT card back in and it works just as before!

It was pretty bad, I actually had no idea for weeks that people were leaving me voicemails and I was not getting them. I finally figured it's been so long since I've had a voicemail and manually dialed in to check them and had 20+ voicemails from angry people who thought I was ignoring them! Ooops!

Thank you Thank you!! 🙂

Jul 14, 2015 3:19 PM in response to DJLove

DJLove,

You're a frickin genius! Your solution worked for my girlfriends phone. I spent 1-1/2 hours on the phone with the idiots from Straighttalk who tried everything including resetting the voicemail account and after they couldn't figure it out starting telling me their usual schtick about how they don't support visual voicemail on GSM phones only CDMA, and this was after telling them that it was working fine yesterday.

As soon as I popped my AT&T sim in her phone, it reported 2 voicemails, then I changed sims back and called her phone and left a message and it reported right away that there was a message.

No voicemail notification with Straight Talk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.