Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing your visualizer to the Apple TV is Possible!

I have a mac book pro retina display 15"

Itunes 11.0.1

apple tv3

Go to display preferences

And set it to the following settings.

User uploaded file

Then turn on your itunes

and turn on the visualizer

Then hit the spacebar to start the music it.

This should work hope this helps.

Also use the Itunes visualizer clasic it is less glitchy

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 5:31 PM

4 replies

Jul 26, 2013 5:44 PM in response to LEODIN

Did it worked by using only your MacBook speakers or did you manage so stream music by Airplay too?

Every time I switch to Airplay Mirroring the airplay music stops. And since the music is back in my home office and the big *** TV and APple TV are in the living room along a set of Airplay Speakers the coo thing would be stream both the visualizer video and audio.

Jul 26, 2013 6:31 PM in response to marcoie

Try this

Make sure your apple tv is on first. then do the following.

1 turn on your itunes first

2 turn on your visualizer without turning on your music in full screen mode

3 use 4 fingers to swipe back to the main screen your itunes is on

4 turn on air play mirroring from the menu bar on your desktop at the top right of your screen it should be there if you selected "show mirriong options in the menu bar" in systeem prefences. (see the image in my first post if you dont see it.)

5 press play on your itunes your music should be playing from the apple TV.

6 swipe 4 fingers to the left to bring back the visualizer.

Hope this helps :-)

By the way what operating system are you useing and what version of itunes? LOL and wich version apple tv

Nov 6, 2013 4:45 PM in response to LEODIN

I had the same problem of no sound with Airplay so I tried your workaround. I tried using your technique but could only complete step 3. When I got back to the main iTunes screen my cursor turned invisible. I could approximately locate it because it would make some rollover effects work but I could not locate it exactly. Do you know if anyone else has had a disappearing cursor when dealing with this problem? I'm using a midl 2011 Mac Mini with Mavericks. 😕

Sharing your visualizer to the Apple TV is Possible!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.