Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro screen is totally messed up in different positions with the screen

My screen is totally messed up when I put my screen in different positions.

Does anyone know about this problem?

Picture on the screen is just below.

User uploaded file

How am I suppose to fix this problem? I have never dropped or damaged my Macbook Pro, its in perfect conditions (besides this).

Its a Macbook Pro 13" Sent 2011

2,4 GHz Intel Core i5
16 gb 1333 mhz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Thanks for the help in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 10:24 PM

Look as if you have a graphics card problem - which only an Apple tech can diagnose and repair. Take your machine to your local Apple Store or nearest AASP and let them run diagnostics. If it's the GPU, your whole logic board will need to be replaced.

I hope that you purchased the AppleCare extended warranty because otherwise it's going to be very expensive to repair.

Clinton

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2012 10:24 PM in response to simonistan

Look as if you have a graphics card problem - which only an Apple tech can diagnose and repair. Take your machine to your local Apple Store or nearest AASP and let them run diagnostics. If it's the GPU, your whole logic board will need to be replaced.

I hope that you purchased the AppleCare extended warranty because otherwise it's going to be very expensive to repair.

Clinton

My macbook pro screen is totally messed up in different positions with the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.