Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the new itune 11.0.1 version missing some previous & next button when get info

hi all...

i don't know if anyone noticed it or not. but the new itunes 11.0.1 a lil bit confusing for the first time. i also noticed there's some button missing (previous & next) when u on the "get info" section. a lil difficult to subcribe here. let me show u by the picture below.

1. highlight any one item music from the itunes. right click, choose "get info"

User uploaded file

2. it'll pop out to the new windows about the information about the song that u had highlight. see the red circle, there's no previous & next button on this new itunes version. usually there will have those buttons. but, now they are gone. such a pain....

User uploaded file

so please... apple fix the problem.... thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 11:43 PM

9 replies

Aug 8, 2014 7:35 AM in response to anok goh

Ditto here. I edit my meta data a lot for mass imports when I'm working on multiple version of video tracks I'm editing.... Seems to only be in the Movies and TV Shows views... the Previous and Next appears properly in all other views.

Selecting a bunch of tracks still works for editing ALL their details, like recording session, version of tracks, etc, but it takes longer to edit individual tracks without the longer process of:

Clicking ok.

Right-clicking the next track.

Clicking Edit.

It used to be just :

Click Next.

You've turned a one step process into a three step process.

Please, Apple. Put back the Previous and Next buttons.

Aug 8, 2014 9:56 PM in response to DonFromCanada

DonFromCanada wrote:

Ditto here. I edit my meta data a lot for mass imports when I'm working on multiple version of video tracks I'm editing.... Seems to only be in the Movies and TV Shows views... the Previous and Next appears properly in all other views.

If only that were true. When it comes to Music, the Previous/Next controls are missing when using the Artist View, while Album View, Genre View & Song View have the controls. It's been an issue since 11.0.0 and I've personally reported this bug via the feedback link around five times. Frustrating stuff.

Aug 8, 2014 10:19 PM in response to Chris CA

Chris, we're speaking about the Previous/Next buttons in the 'Get Info' window, not the playback controls. See the image in Anok's post above.

Likely via some missing line of code, the Get Info window of certain media views (Music/Artists, Books/Audiobooks, and seemingly Movies & TV per Don above) lost the ability to step forward or backward through items when iTunes 11 was released.

Interestingly and perhaps unfortunately, it appears as though this behaviour may persist beyond version 11, at least based on some of the version 12 screenshots:

http://img.macg.co/2014/7/macgpic-1405968587-5595974954513-sc-op.jpg

http://cdn.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/itunes-12-info.jpg

Aug 8, 2014 10:47 PM in response to Mike W.

Okay. Guess I should read a bit more of the original post...😟

However...

User uploaded file

When I first open iTunes then get info on a song, the Next/Previous buttons are there and stay when I Next/Previous thru songs.

If I close the Get Info window, then reopen it, the buttons won't come back until I quit iTunes then reopen it.

If open the the Get Info window and don't step thru, then close the window and reopen it, the buttons stay.

Aug 8, 2014 10:54 PM in response to Chris CA

One thing worth noting: while the only Music view that exhibits this problem is 'Artists', you will see Next/Previous buttons if you Get Info while "All Artists" is selected. But you'll also quickly realise that you're unable to move any further than the first album of the first artist in your library using the Next/Previous buttons…which for me is yet further evidence that this is a long-persisting bug, one that is now coming up on its second birthday!

the new itune 11.0.1 version missing some previous & next button when get info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.