Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

call failed on iphone 5 in India

Hi, Got a new Iphone 5 in Dec with Reliance as the network. Iphone worked fine for couple of days. But now every call is saying call failed. Does anyone has any idea why this is happening?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 4:16 AM

11 replies

Jan 2, 2013 1:38 PM in response to riteshp

I am having a same issue on my iPhone 5 but with Vodafone network Mumbai. I was just above to do MNP to reliance and found your post. You are the first person to have a call failed issue on relaince on iPhone 5 but there are many on the internet like me with call failed issue on Vodafone. My sister uses a Docomo and it has no such issues will be probably going to Docomo then ...How many times u have this issue per day ? Mine i get like more then 20 times a day and it's really annoying.

Apr 12, 2013 12:58 AM in response to Dineshnadar

Hi All.

I am facing same problem of getting calls failed.

I purchased new iPhone5 just before 4 days from apple reseller in Gujrat, India and calls getting failed continue for most of incoming + outgoing calls.

There shows two option buttons (1) Call back and (2) cancel.

I also did Network Reset two-three times but didn't get my problem solved.

Please guide me regarding the issue..

Apr 18, 2013 5:07 AM in response to VMKindia

Hi All,

The Problem: No network signal, intermmittent signal and no service. This happens almost 40 times in aday.

This is a 3rd phone that has been given to me after replacement of 2 phone, the best part being that the same problem occurring in all the 3 handsets.

First handset was submitted on 31st Mar 2013 and got a replacement on 7th and then again submitted on 14th April and received a new handset on 16th April.

The solution given by Customer Support was also implemented where they asked to reset the network settings and also the resetting the whole handset again, but in vain.

Service Centre rep suggested that Vodafone SIM is not good enough, so changed this also TWICE, still the same problem.

I am fed up with this kind of customer handling by Apple and would definitely expecting something better

Aug 4, 2013 11:10 PM in response to bobster4u

Hi All,

Even I am facing the same problem like call drop, caller finds me in 'Out of network coverage area'! inspite of being in good signal zone. Problem is with iPhone 5 and not the carrier like Airtel, Vodafone etc.

I had been to Apple care at Bangalore and able to reproduce the issue their itself. Post that I was assured to get device replacement.

My question is, Do I get a New Handset as a replecement OR they will provide refurbished device. Any Idea ?

call failed on iphone 5 in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.