Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out what version of itunes i'm running?

HNE! How do I find out what version of itunes I am running on my pc? I have Windows 7

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 7:43 AM

Open itunes,

Click itunes at the top of your screen.

Click About itunes

3 replies

Jan 1, 2013 10:48 AM in response to carmenfromab

The menus have changed (and are hidden by default). The commands are now under the View menu.

In Music use the Songs view, or select the List view for other media (Edit > Preferences > General > Show list views for all media).

Enable the menu bar with ctrl-b or by tapping Alt. Use View > Show Duplicate Items or, more usefully, hold down Shift and use View > Show Exact Duplicate Items.

Keep one of each repeated group of files and don't send to the recycle bin unless you are sure that there are multiple files on the disc as opposed to multiple entries to the same file.

There is also my DeDuper script if you don't want to do it by hand. This can preserve ratings, play counts, playlist membership, etc. which are lost in a manual clean up. Please take note of the warning to backup your library before deduping. See this thread for background on deduping and the script.

tt2

How do I find out what version of itunes i'm running?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.