Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you stop a Macbookpro with OSX 10.7.5 from turning off or logging off before timemachine is finished with the backup even though I have changed settings for energy management to "never" shutdown when plugged in to an outlet?

My problem is my Macbookpro mid 2010 with OSX 10.7.5 seems to turn off or logs off before timemachine is finished with the backup even though I have changed settings for energy management to "never" shutdown when plugged in to an outlet?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 7:03 AM

2 replies

Jan 1, 2013 5:51 PM in response to UXPro

I had this problem on an IMac and I finally found a solution in an unlikely place. The problem was a security setting. I don't remember right this moment the exact setting and I am not on that machine right now but when I am I will try to retrace my steps to the fix. In the meantime check your security settings and any browser or browser extensions for computer log off settings. These settings are intended to prevent unauthorized use and incidentally screw up your backups. Hope this helps.

How do you stop a Macbookpro with OSX 10.7.5 from turning off or logging off before timemachine is finished with the backup even though I have changed settings for energy management to "never" shutdown when plugged in to an outlet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.