that is one of the earliest Intel Minis, you can't go higher than 10.5.8 on it...
Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.4.5 (8H1619) Maximum MacOS: X 10.6.8*
It has the Max RAM that model can use, but isn't going to be pleasant in use with 10.6.8, as well as the very poor Intel GMA 950 Graphics.
Snow Leopard/10.6.x Requirements...
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory (I say 4GB at least, more if you can afford it)
* 5GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
Which apps work with Mac OS X 10.6?...
Buy Snow Leopard > http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
Call Apple Sales...in the US: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or Support... 1-800-275-2273
Thank you for your reply, I think I got the min back in 2006.
As long as I can surf the net (which it does fine) and hook up a yamaha keyboard (via midi to 3.5mm jack plug cable) and use garage band to sample sounds that would be great.
I don't want/need to use any graphics as such as we have game consoles/pcs (sorry for swearing) etc...
I can't even get itunes to work (version 7.7) and the new download says it isn't compatible :/
Would you be able to point me in the right direction to achieve any/all of the above?
Thank you for your help
Correct, the latest iTunes & many things won't work even if go to 10.6.8, but you'll get a later version of iTunes if you get 10.6.x Install Disc & Install it.
What dosn't work about iTunes 7.7???
Not sure if you can find a garage Band that works in 10.6.8
iLife '09: System requirements
Learn about the system requirements for iLife '09.
- Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor.
- iMovie requires an Intel-based Mac, Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster).
- GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better.
- 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended. High-definition video requires at least 1GB of RAM.
- Approximately 4GB of available disk space.
- DVD drive required for installation.
- Mac OS X v10.5.6 or later.
- QuickTime 7.5.5 or later (included).
- AVCHD video requires a Mac with an Intel Core Duo processor or better. Visit iMovie ’09 Camcorder Support for details on digital video device and format support.
- 24-bit recording in GarageBand requires a Mac OS X-compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Please consult the owner’s manual or manufacturer directly for audio device specifications and compatibility.
And I can't find the sys requirements for iLife 11 without the App store, whih requires at least 10.6.8.