Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer AppleCare from one number to another number within same family?

I have 5 phones under me.

I purchased the Iphone 5 under my number with the AppleCare. Unfortunately a few months later I wanted another phone. I switched the Iphone 5's phone number to another family member.

Did I lose the AppleCare at that point?

Now this family member with the Iphone 5 wants another phone, and we want to give the Iphone 5 to another family member.

Question: Is there a possibility I still have the AppleCare (I did not call Apple at the time) and can cancel the AppleCare and get it prorated since I made one transfer which the Terms state one can do? Like most people, I didn't read the Terms. =(

or...did I lose the AppleCare once I transferred the number? I did inquire at the time, and the phone company stated I could do it...so I did...

Thanks for any advice. Just seeing if I can salvage the cost I put into AppleCare into this one phone that never left the original address...just the phone number was switched.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 8:49 AM

1 reply

Can I transfer AppleCare from one number to another number within same family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.