Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Wallpaper Folder Disappears

When I upgraded to Mountain Lion a while back, I can never keep the wallpaper personal folder in my preferences to stay. It worked perfectly in Lion, but breaks everytime I leave System Preferences.

To be clear, the default wallpapers from Apple and my Aperture libraries come up perfectly each time. I am talking about when I add a folder that I store my own wallpapers in. The folder disappears each time I close system preferences.

Any ideas why? Running 10.8.2, but had the problem since 10.8.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), (Nehalem)

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 5:45 AM

I have this problem since ML first came out. It's definitely a bug and there is nothing we can do until the bug is sorted out by Apple.

4 replies

Mar 22, 2013 11:32 AM in response to jasond85

WORKAROUND:

Hey All. I too am having this issue on my Macbook Pro with a clean install of Mountain Lion. I did not back up from time machine or import settings from any other backup. So when I say clean, I mean clean. And yet, when I add a folder to Desktop settings, it disappears once I close out of preferences. The work around was to import my pictures into Iphoto and choose a picture from there in desktop preferences. That seems to be the workaround and it will keep the picture you chose in between bootups. Hope that helps for now...COME ON APPLE!!!!

Desktop Wallpaper Folder Disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.