Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

End of support for Panther?

Hi,
I am looking for information as when does Apple plan to discontinue its support for Panther? Any information or relevant link for end of support for product is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
-asin

Mac OS X (10.3.4)

Posted on May 2, 2006 5:49 AM

6 replies

May 2, 2006 6:08 AM in response to asin

asin,

First of all, Welcome to the Apple Discussions Forums!

By "discontinuing its support for Panther" what exactly do you mean? Can you clarify?

They have already released their next OS (10.4 Tiger).

They will most likely always release Security Updates (if needed) as well as support for the iApps such as iTunes etc.

I'm not sure what you are asking exactly,

littleshoulders [:-)

May 2, 2006 6:19 AM in response to littleshoulders

Thanks littleshoulders,
What I meant with "discontinuing its support for Panther" is that is there any date when apple would stop fixing problems/bugs appearing in panther. So what I am looking for, is there any information available on timelines of Panther that would eventually get phased out after completing it's lifecycle.

Thanks once again,
-asin

Mac OS X (10.3.4)

May 2, 2006 6:28 AM in response to asin

asin,

It's "support" has reached its conclusion with the release of the last 10.3.9 update.

The operating system will not be updated past that.

I recommend downloading the latest update, as I see you are using 10.3.4, (10.3.9 Combo) and I think you will see a marked improvement to your OS. Remember to Repair Permissions from Disk Utility before and after any OS update.

good luck,

littleshoulders [:-)

End of support for Panther?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.