Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio input to keynote

Can we use the audio input to record into Keynote or just the microphone?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 4 GB ram iWeb '09 3.0.4

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 11:53 AM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2013 8:15 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks Gary,

I found this on Page 107:

If you’re using an external microphone, first attach it and use the sound pane of System Preferences to configure the input settings.

And that worked for me. The manual I was able to find, btw, is at; http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA662/en_US/Keynote09_UserGuide.pdf

But it may be for an older version, though it still helped.

THE AUDIO DIDN'T SOUND SO GOOD. In fact, somewhat pathetic. And I have a real good microphone that records wonderful in other apps.

Right now WORKFLOW, I arrange slides in Keynote. Then I'm exporting the Keynote file as a QuickTime movie. That can be imported into Garage Band and I record the audio there, while watching the slides. This works okay.

I suppose it would be even better if using Logic....and Final Cut Pro....yet those are expensive upgrade. For $15 from App Store I got Piezo and I not only like it's sound quality but it is super simple. Open the app. Click the red button, start recording; no frills but a-okay sound.

audio input to keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.