Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchased music not in library

I purchased a song in the iTunes Store. It downloaded fine, but i can't find it in my Library. If I search using the search box it comes up but won't play or won't let me add it to Up Next. If I search manually (scrolling) through Songs, Artist or Albums it's just not there. There only place i can find it is in the Purchased Playlist and I can play it from there.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 1:42 PM

Something may have gone wrong with the index of the Music playlist. Download the current iTunes Free Single of the Week. I know it sounds odd, but it should fix the problem.

If that doesn't work close iTunes and delete the hidden file sentinel from inside the main iTunes folder, then start iTunes again. It should run a consistency check when it starts up.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2013 1:42 PM in response to Michel Corbin

Something may have gone wrong with the index of the Music playlist. Download the current iTunes Free Single of the Week. I know it sounds odd, but it should fix the problem.

If that doesn't work close iTunes and delete the hidden file sentinel from inside the main iTunes folder, then start iTunes again. It should run a consistency check when it starts up.

tt2

purchased music not in library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.