Currently Being ModeratedJan 1, 2013 1:22 PM (in response to Katie_999)
Is the iTunes on your computer up to date? You should have version 11+. An older iTunes and newer iOS won't talk to each other.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 2:25 PM (in response to Katie_999)
Same problem with my updated iTune and a first gen iPad.
Other forums suggested:
Leave your iPhone or iPad connected to your PC then:
- Quit iTunes
- In task manager click "show processes from all users", sort by description and stop any "Apple" processes and the image name AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
- Click Start > Run > in the Open text box copy & paste the following - with the quotes - "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe" and press OK. (or go to that directory and run that file)
- On some Windows maachines, the file may be in \ProgramFiles\ without the x86
- Open iTunes
This seems to have worked for some. Not for me. Still searching.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 3:06 PM (in response to Katie_999)
If your iTunes on your computer is version 10.7 or higher I'd suggest rebooting your computer and resetting your iPad.
First thing to try is to reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider should one appear until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.
Then start iTunes on the computer and connect your iPad. If you are familiar with the old look of iTunes you can use the view menu to display the left column. Your iPad should be listed there.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 4:07 PM (in response to Katie_999)
iOS: Unknown error containing '0xE' when connecting to a Windows PC
For an iPad 2, you need iTunes version 10.6.3 or higher.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 9, 2013 9:11 PM (in response to Ronkowitz)
Hi...Suzy from Ireland here and just wanted to thank you for your info...my iPod had that same error message, and I did just what you suggested and hoooooraaaaaay it worked...just wanted to let you know that you have a very satisfied and happy friend here...thanks again, SuzyJane
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points