Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i email itunes with a complaint?

Hi, I have been an Itunes customer for awhile now and I have no complaints except for 1. Recently I lost everything I had on my computer so I had to reinstall Itunes into my computer. I had around 620 something songs but now I only have around 200! This has happened to me before where I synced my Ipod or in this case Iphone into the itunes and it says I can only have the songs that are in that current library. It happened once before and I just let it pass, but I am not going to rebuy 400 songs that I paid to have. What I dont understand is how I used my apple ID to sign in with the newly installed Itunes yet it showed a library that I hadn't had in like 4 years. If I signed in with the same ID I had before when I had 600 songs shouldn't it have had a list of all the songs I had? What should I do?

Thanks PLZ give me any answers or what you think I can do about this :-)

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 1:50 PM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2013 1:57 PM in response to Ruiz 624

You can contact iTunes Support however they can't really help with your non-store purchases. Hopefully you library is merely corrupt and can be restored as follows...

Empty/corrupt library after upgrade/crash

Hopefully it's not been too long since you last upgraded iTunes, in fact if you get an empty/incomplete library immediately after upgrading then with the following steps you shouldn't lose a thing or need to do any further housekeeping. In the Previous iTunes Libraries folder should be a number of dated iTunes Library files. Take the most recent of these and copy it into the iTunes folder. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library (Corrupt).itl and then rename the restored file as iTunes Library.itl. Start iTunes. Should all be good, bar any recent additions to or deletions from your library.

User uploaded file

See iTunes Folder Watch for a tool to catch up with any changes since the backup file was created.

When you get it all working make a backup!

Should you be in the unfortunate position where you are no longer able to access your original library, or a backup of it, then see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

If I signed in with the same ID I had before when I had 600 songs shouldn't it have had a list of all the songs I had?

Not really. Unless you purchased a subscription to iTunes Match you should have access to your store purchases that are available to download from iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes Match is no substitute for a proper backup as described above. That is the only way to be certain you will be able to restore the entirety of your library in the event of a problem.

tt2

Aug 10, 2013 11:00 AM in response to turingtest2

I have a similar situation. My past purchases of TV Shows no longer show up under "purchased" as purchased or they d show up as purchased but I can not redownload them because it will say "this item can not be redownloaded because it wasn't purchased". Some show up under purchased in my account but in iTunes, it will still show the dollar amount as if I haven't purchased it but I am able to download. It is a complete mess. iTunes have found that I have purchased them and have granted me a redownload of these shows but they still do not show up under purchases. iTunes do not seem to be able tp resolve this. Thank goodness I have saved all of my past purchases where I can click on it from my externa; hard drive or "add to library" from iTunes and it will be automatically added to my library. Even a couple of my movies do not show up under purchses too. This is so frustrating...

how can i email itunes with a complaint?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.