Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 dvd's in bay

I think I put a new DVD in my i mac, while there was one alredy in. can you get them out?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 3:31 PM

disassmbleing the imac is the only way I believe

8 replies

Jan 2, 2013 12:11 AM in response to Ramseyguy

Then I'd say the drive is broken. I haven't, and I'm not going to try, to push a second disc in my DVD drive but I seriously doubt 2 discs could fit inside the drive without pushing in the second disc with great force. There just isn't enough room inside the drive for a second disc to be inserted.

So that leaves one thing. The drive has failed.

Jan 2, 2013 4:27 PM in response to Ramseyguy

Contact Apple Service, iMac Service or Apple's Express Lane. Do note that if you have AppleCare's protection plan and you're within 50 miles (80 KM) of an Apple repair station, you might be eligible for onsite repair since yours is a desktop machine (depends on where you're located). BTW, the AppleCare Protection Plan's the best warranty policy available for desktop machines. Get it if you don't have it before contacting Apple.

2 dvd's in bay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.