Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicker workflow for multiple edits with external editor?

I've grown dependent on an external editor for noise reduction (from nik software) so what ends up happening is, I would shoot 500 photos and imported them into aperture. Then I would have to select all 500 of those photos and send them off to the editor. In the editor I would have to click "next" 500 times. Then when those 500 files are sent back to aperture, I would have to push all 500 of them to the top of each stack, one by one.

Is there a quicker to do this? It's quite tedious. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 2:41 AM

Can you run DFine as a stand-alone app, and put the camera's files through it before importing into Aperture?

Do you have Photoshop as your external editor? I think you'd be able to create a PS action (or whatever they are called) that will batch process through DFine (you'll need Nik's PS plug-in as well, which, imho, was worth buying -- I do almost all my Nik'ing on the new "pseudo" Original created for PS, rather than creating new Originals for each Nik tool I use).

Are you shooting a lot of high-ISO pictures?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2013 2:41 AM in response to aapl.crox

Can you run DFine as a stand-alone app, and put the camera's files through it before importing into Aperture?

Do you have Photoshop as your external editor? I think you'd be able to create a PS action (or whatever they are called) that will batch process through DFine (you'll need Nik's PS plug-in as well, which, imho, was worth buying -- I do almost all my Nik'ing on the new "pseudo" Original created for PS, rather than creating new Originals for each Nik tool I use).

Are you shooting a lot of high-ISO pictures?

Jan 3, 2013 10:23 PM in response to aapl.crox

Sorry -- 😟 as best I can tell from the User Guide (PDF) and the FAQ, batch processing with DFine is available only when used in conjunction with Photoshop. It wouldn't hurt to ask Nik, though.

You might be able to define an OS X Folder Action, or some other use of Automator, to autumate the process (I can't tell you how -- I just cobble things like that together as needed).

Quicker workflow for multiple edits with external editor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.