Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I took my mac book to Argentina apple store and I think they have changed my battery, how can I know it for sure?

Where can I find the battery serial number? is it that possible? so I can compare it with the ones I have in the original box.

After a week they gave me the macbook, the battery started to expand and now I can't even put it again in the computer! They told me that it was not their problem but I want to be sure that they didn't change it and gave me a damaged one.

Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 8:44 AM

First, if the battery has begun to expand, do NOT attempt to put it back in the computer. It can interfere with normal operation of the keyboard and trackpad, and in extreme cases damage the computer.

Batteries generally only start to expand after they have aged quite a bit. If it were new this would be very unlikely. Also, if they replaced that battery they would have charged you for a replacement, as batteries are considered consumable items generally not covered by warranty under normal use.

Best suggestion is to just go buy a new battery.

Best of luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2013 8:44 AM in response to ayelenbuttini

First, if the battery has begun to expand, do NOT attempt to put it back in the computer. It can interfere with normal operation of the keyboard and trackpad, and in extreme cases damage the computer.

Batteries generally only start to expand after they have aged quite a bit. If it were new this would be very unlikely. Also, if they replaced that battery they would have charged you for a replacement, as batteries are considered consumable items generally not covered by warranty under normal use.

Best suggestion is to just go buy a new battery.

Best of luck.

I took my mac book to Argentina apple store and I think they have changed my battery, how can I know it for sure?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.