Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The file "iTunesX.pkg" couldn't be found on the server "swcdn.apple.com".

I'm having connectivity problems, apparently ONLY with my current version of iTunes, version 10.7 (21). For example, when I try to play an iTunes connected Radio Station, I get nothing. (Other downloads and web pages DO work just fine, as well as playing normal stored music from our collection.)

Thus, I thought I'd install the new version of iTunes.

However, I find that now I am having trouble installing the new iTunes software as well!

I have a Mac Mini running OS X version 10.6.8

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MM21.009A.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.19f0

Note that my wife's slightly older Mini {it's a "Macmini1,1"} can't have its "Snow Leopard" OS upgraded any further. Thus I'd prefer to keep my Mini at 10.6 as well, and skip "Lion". I believe that my mini is NOT capable of upgrading to 10.8 "Mountain Lion".

When I do try to do a "Software Update", the same two error messages keep popping up:

The first error message says:

The update "iTunes" can't be installed.

(( OK ))

Followed by the message:

An error occurred during installation.

(( OK ))

Note that "Software Update" reports that:

iTunes: Partially downloaded (173%).

Also, when I search my Mac using the term ".pkg", I don't get any file(s) that seem relevant to this installation.

Any suggestions?

p.s.:

My wife's older mini HAS had its version of iTunes upgraded to ver. 11.

It does NOT seem to have the Radio station problem that my ver. 10 iTunes does have.

p.p.s.:

Note that I have tried to use both "Software Update" by itself as well as from inside iTunes AND I've tried to download directly from the Apple web page. Same results all three ways.

Message was edited by: Tone_Deaf... to include the post script.

Mine: Macmini2,1 (mid-'07); 4GB RAM, int'l 500 GB & ext. 500 GB for Time Machine, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Wife's: Macmini1,1 ('06); 2GB RAM, int'l 100GB & no ext.; T-100

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 4:32 PM

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.