Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I click the "buy" button, nothing happens!

I can click on everything in Itunes, but when I click the "buy" button, it shows that I clicked on it but nothing else happens. I've read other people are having this problem but I can't find the answer. Help!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 5:08 PM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2013 1:15 AM in response to hilsey13

Cross-posted wherever I can find this question, because I just solved it for myself, at least.
Lots of people are having this problem; it seems to be endemic across Mac Users. I think 12/26/12 is when some sort of disastrous iTunes programming change was made. Ironically, I was fine when I was using Leopard (10.5.8)--the temporary upgrade to Snow Leopard's initial system (straight off the install disc) a couple of days ago killed the Buy Button… until
I checked "Software Update" (on the Apple Menu), it found a free upgrade to 10.6.8, and the problem's gone. Check Software Update to see what kind of system upgrade you can install for free, and that may well fix it. I think it's a new iTunes issue with older systems, but if you do whatever free upgrade Apple has for you, it might well work.

Holy Jesus God does Apple need to fix this soon--and I suspect they will, because it's costing them a lot of business. Another variation of this question got *42* "I have this problem"s.

When I click the "buy" button, nothing happens!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.