Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export files with caption

Friends,

I'm trying to export images from Aperture with the caption. However, when I export the image the caption is not exported with the image. On the presets I direct Aperture to export metadata. I've played with the export options in the export dialog but even when I check "caption" the program exports the word "untitled" for each caption. What am I doing wrong? Aperture and mountain lion are fully updated.

Thanks!

Steve

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 5:38 PM

17 replies

Jan 1, 2013 6:54 PM in response to DC Steve

When I add a caption to an image and export it and then look at the image in Preview the caption is there:

User uploaded file

How are you trying to export the image, what format? Where do you check 'caption'? Not sure I'm aware of a setting like that in Aperture. What application are you using to see if the caption is there once the image is exported?

BTW what version of the OS and Aperture are you running?

Jan 1, 2013 8:08 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

It's close to a New Year's thing -- I do a lot of image exporting around this time of year and I find it particularly annoying.

Looking more closely, I see that you are correct: there is no "caption" field to be added to the metadata fields to be added on export. I can change the title for the exported image to "version name," but because I like to add captions to the images, it seems rather duplicative. It's odd that Aperture doesn't include "caption" as a custom field. But at least I won't (probably) post the same inquiry in 2014.

Of course, this doesn't answer the question of why the only field displayed in the photo browser in mail is the file name field, making it difficult to figure out which picture to append to a message if there are several similar images. I've posted that question more than once I believe, as well.

Thanks for your help. Forcing me to really look at this was helpful.

Steve

Jan 3, 2013 2:34 AM in response to DC Steve

DC Steve wrote:

Of course, this doesn't answer the question of why the only field displayed in the photo browser in mail is the file name field, making it difficult to figure out which picture to append to a message if there are several similar images. I've posted that question more than once I believe, as well.

Did you get an any actionable answers? Note that you can search for keywords, ratings, Faces, Places, etc. in Mail's Photo Browser.

As a workaround, select your Image in Aperture and use "{right-click}➞Share➞Email" or any of the equivalents.

How to export files with caption

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.