Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone4 (unlocked t-mobile)! imessage sending problems plus constantly losing signal

I've looked through many threads and couldn't find someone that posted the exact problem I had.

***Some background information****

I recently updated my iphone 4 to the new version ios6.0.1 I AM ON T-MOBILE. I believe it's "hard unlocked" equivilant to factor unlocked, (from what I'm told)

I was on a much older version before this, so I'm not too familiar with iMessages until recently

**ON THE THE PROBLEM**

1) the first issue is that, I've been losing signal randomly here and there. (possibly my location). But i would go from 4 bars to searching for about 10secs and back to my 3-4 bars. This has been happening a lot lately.

- this does apparantly affect my imessage.

2) The main issue I'm trying to figure out is that my imessage keeps messing up me. (I notice that, majority of the time it's because I lose that signal and it messes up afterwards)

- Some people I'm having a conversation with would receive my message; it would say "delievered" or "read"

- some people; it doesn't send. It would show the sending bar at the top, and it would be stuck at like 9/10. Nothing happens

- if that bar isn't stuck, it would be VERY FAST ; but DOES NOT send. It doesn't say delievered or read. and the other person would obviously not get that message

- sometimes my iMessage would even switch on and off and would "waiting for activiation" for a long time and not connect.

SO... my question is does any know how I can prevent this from keep on happening *imessage glitching"?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 6:07 PM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2013 9:36 PM in response to deggie

I have done that, but same issue. It's good for the first couple of hours.

My phone kind of lost signal again, it started acting up.

-i think the main issue is that, I lose signal; which is the main cause. But I'm sure everyone loses signal here and there; how come only I'm having issues with iMessage which is what I'm curious about.

iphone4 (unlocked t-mobile)! imessage sending problems plus constantly losing signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.