Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate songs with iCloud icon.

Hi, all.

I just noticed while browsing my iTunes library that a percentage of my songs appeared duplicated with the duplicate track displaying an iCloud icon next to them.

What is this and how do I eliminate the duplicate tracks?

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 1:43 AM

I tunes Preferences, Store

Untick the show itune in the cloud purchases

8 replies

Jan 21, 2013 5:52 PM in response to n_fraser

Hello n_Fraser.

What do you mean that it won't let you download? When you click does it bring up an error message? Or does it do nothing?

If it does nothing your Internet connection might be down or iTunes may not have authorisation to those songs. Try right clicking and then click show in iTunes Store. If it does that then click the redownload button on the song and see if that works.

Hope this helps,

xeni

Jul 20, 2013 5:28 PM in response to Steve Taylor1

Moreover I was able to turn this option back on after turning it off, and the duplicates with the cloud icon didn't re-appear (except for some I'd downloaded accidentally).

I'm pretty sure it's only supposed to show the one with the cloud icon when you bought something on another device (like I do on my iPhone) and haven't downloaded it locally yet...I'm guessing there's a bug where it loses track of what you downloaded already and toggling the setting resets this.

Duplicate songs with iCloud icon.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.