Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't drag apps in iTunes 11

I have always organized my apps in iTunes and then sync to my devices. I wanted to rearrange my apps, and lo and behold, they aren't dragging. I haven't tried it since i had iTunes 11, so that's what I'm thinking is the problem. I can't organize on my iPad as easily, but I do know that option. I want to know if anyone else can't drag, and if so, what's the problem? (I can drag just fine to manually manage my music and video, and I do understand that you have to sync apps, but I'm talking about being able to organize within iTunes before syncing, like I always have)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 8:56 PM

6 replies

Jan 2, 2013 9:47 PM in response to Steve Taylor1

Didn't help. I noticed while I can drag music and video, I can't drag music and video from the list category, and neither could I drag playlists. I have no idea how to fix this. I even tried verifying my permissions, and verifying my disk on Disk Utility to see if something wrong with my computer, but nothing. I don't know what to do.

Jan 5, 2013 2:00 PM in response to AChar

It turned out my external hard drive that I had my iTunes on was formatted in a way that doesn't work with iTunes correctly. iTunes let me use it, and for some reason it worked but with wierd problems like dragging, etc. If you are using an external hard drive, try moving your files off it temporarily onto another hard drive, and then reformat your hard drive. I reformatted to Mac OS Journalled Case Sensitive. I moved my files back. I had to wipe everything off my iTunes and drag all the files back in though, so to make sure. (There might be a better way than what I did for that last step, but my method does work). I solved my own problem, but lol, I doubt that will give me any level points, ha ha. I am leaving this here though, because in all the research I did, no one even mentions this as a possible problem.

Can't drag apps in iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.