Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone auto clear cache of apps?

Does iphone auto clear the cache of the apps?

i notice my FB apps' memory usage is increasing.

Thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 11:21 PM

5 replies

Jun 20, 2013 3:42 PM in response to chengchow88

At this point, for months I have been contacting app developers and Apple requesting the ability to clear an app's cache. I have only 1 app that I use that supports this feature - WallpapersHD.

All apps should support cache clearing. Especially apps that bloat like: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, TUAW, iMore, Twitter, TWC Max, Weather [Yahoo], Trailers [Apple], Bible [YouVersion]... Practically any and every app I have ever used that communicates with a remote server out there in the world somewhere.

iOS needs a cache clearing option to assist in managing space because deleting and re-installing apps is a terrible way to get that space back.

Iphone auto clear cache of apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.