Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I store a compound clip for later use or another project?

I created a compound clip, then lifted it from story line and disabled it, its darkened (invisible doesnt play in the viewer),

however its space runs as black empty frames when I play over it.

I want to do 2 things:

I wanted the footage proceeding it to shift in left to fill that black void and play, as the compound clip is "hidden". Is this possible?

I also wanted to save that compound clip for use later in this project and possibly in another project, can I save it out as a separate clip set?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 2.3Ghz, i7, 16GB ram, flash drive

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:45 AM

You need to use v10.0.6 or later to save a compound clip in an event from the project. You need to reattach the hidden compound clip to the clip before it, just shift it to the left, and then delete the gap clip that was created when you lifted the compound out of the timeline.

PS you need to either update your tech information or update your OS. 10.8.1 is not a tested and supported version of the OS.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2013 2:45 AM in response to snappler

You need to use v10.0.6 or later to save a compound clip in an event from the project. You need to reattach the hidden compound clip to the clip before it, just shift it to the left, and then delete the gap clip that was created when you lifted the compound out of the timeline.

PS you need to either update your tech information or update your OS. 10.8.1 is not a tested and supported version of the OS.

Jan 2, 2013 2:50 AM in response to snappler

I think I got it, lift the compound clip from storyline by right clicking and choosing "lift from storyline",

drag the compound clip left or right out of its original position, select the grey slate where it used to be in the time line, and hit delete. the clips to the right now shift left to fill its void.

and the compound clip is automatically available in the event library folder its grouped clips originated from but now shown as a compound clip once you create that compound clip..

How do I store a compound clip for later use or another project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.