Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I am confused about memory in my Mac.

I am new to MACs and have Mac book pro with 4Gb of storage.

My iphoto often causes my mac to run v slowly so I was trying to see if I've got too many photos.

When I look at the size of the iphoto library via the Finder it shows as nearly 30gb. How on earth is this possible? I have some stuff on photostream but not much.

Any advice on this would be really appreciated.

thanks

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 12:41 AM

4 replies

Jan 2, 2013 12:50 AM in response to GiraffeJones77

You have 4GB of Random Access Memory (RAM) not 4GB of storage - to see how much space you're using, go to the Finder and highlight your hard drive and select "Get Info" from the Finder's File menu. You should see something like this:

User uploaded file

This will show you the capacity of your hard drive, and how much sapce you've in use as well as the 'free' space.

It's not unusual for iPhoto libraries to become large, if you've a lot of high-res photos in it. If you feel that the Library itself is damaged, and shouldn't be using that much space, you might want to check with the experts over on the iPhoto forum. I don't use iPhoto much, but that's where the real iPhoto experts hang out.

Good luck,

Clinton

Hi, I am confused about memory in my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.