Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Whatsapp unavailable for iPhone 3G

I don't get it. Does apple want to destroy itself?

By making Whatsapp unavailable for iPhone 3G everyone with an iPhone 3G will buy a new Samsung

I now need to get my new Samsung because all apple's are way to expensive and the benefit of an iphone is not that big anymore...

Please apple make something happen that changes this.

iPhone 3G

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 4:07 AM

10 replies

Jan 2, 2013 4:31 AM in response to MilkyMouse777

This is the message whatsapp.com posted 2 days ago

Many people are asking why we’ve stopped supporting the iPhone 3G. It’s because Apple has stopped supporting old iOS versions and old iPhones in their most recent version 4.5 of Xcode, which is the tool (the only tool) that engineers use to make iPhone apps.

The iPhone 3G has a special place for me in my heart – it was the first smartphone I bought in January of 2009 and it was the first phone on which we started developing WhatsApp just a month later.

Then as now, however, we must follow Apple’s lead on all things related to the iPhone. Their pace of innovation has a price of forced obsolescence.

Why is Whatsapp unavailable for iPhone 3G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.