Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting iCloud to Stop Syncing Apps I Remove Using iTunes

Let me start by stating that I have my iPad 3 set up to sync with iCloud.

I have been connecting my iPad to my Mac and having iTunes sync it, including applications. When I remove apps from the iPad using iTunes, they re-appear after the iPad syncs with iCloud. I don't want to stop iCloud syncing due to my calendars and e-mail syncing, but I don't want it to put apps back on the iPad after I have removed them using iTunes. Can anyone suggest a way to stop syncing the apps with iCloud, or should I stop syncing them with iTunes (which would save me a lot of space on my computer)? If I do stop iTunes, how do I get it to stop downloading the apps that I put on the iPad?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion, 4 Gb of RAM

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 9:04 AM

6 replies

Jan 2, 2013 9:26 AM in response to David Biddix

The iCloud synch encompasses data only. It will, in and of itself, add apps to the iOS deveice. Likewise with the back up - it is a one way transmission.

I'm not entirely clear what the full course of events is, but you might check to see if Automatic downloas is turned on for app (and turn it off): Open the Settings app > iTunes & App Stores > Automatic downloads.

Aug 24, 2013 9:11 AM in response to David Biddix

Thanks to all!

I did try everything that has been suggested. However, nothing solved the problem, even deleting iCloud account did not help. In the end, I send all tasks to my gmail account and copied the texts into notes on my iPad individually - not the fasted and most efficient way but not they are back where they belong. I do hope it stays that way.

Regards

Renate

Getting iCloud to Stop Syncing Apps I Remove Using iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.