Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restored iPhone, signed in with wrong apple ID & can't use iTunes Match for 33 days!!u

Hi,

When I connected my iPhone 5 to itunes it said it couldn't read the device and I had to restore it.

After I did this I signed in with my primary Apple ID, that I use for iCloud, Mail, iMessage, Photo Stream etc. However most of my purchases & iTunes Match have been made on another Apple ID (that I used before iCloud was introduced)

Now when I try and turn on iTunes match using this ID I get a message saying:

"This device is already associated with an Apple ID. You can use iTunes Match on this device with just one apple ID every 90 days. This device can be used with another Apple ID in 33 days"

This is very very frustrating as I didn't realise what I had done when signing into the iPhone. I have sent a message to Apple to see if they can reset this before the 33 days so I can sign in with the correct ID for match.

Anyone else had a similiar problem? I hope that there will be away in future of merging ID's so that this problem doesn't happen - I'm sure it's very common!

Thanks

Steven

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 9:56 AM

6 replies

Jan 2, 2013 10:05 AM in response to modular747

When I check my Apple ID 1 for purchases and iTunes Match my iPhone is not under managed devices but my other devices are.

When I check my Apple ID 2 for iCloud, Mail, iMessage, Photostream, iPhone is there, but no other devices.

What Apple needs to do is remove my iPhone from the incorrect ID so I can associate it again today with the correct one!

PAIN!

Jan 2, 2013 10:44 AM in response to modular747

Yes, I did as you suggested and signed into the iTunes store with the Apple ID I use for purchases and iTunes Match.

When I attempt to turn on iTunes match I am given the following message:

"This device is already associated with an Apple ID. You can use iTunes Match on this device with just one apple ID every 90 days. This device can be used with another Apple ID in 33 days"

I believe this happened after I restored my iPhone5(as requested by iTunes) and logged back into the device with the incorrect ID, which was then set up to use for iTunes & App Store Purchases.

When I then logged out of this ID and tried to use the correct ID, it was then that I received the message saying I cannot use it!

If you think there is something else I can do to resolve this then please let me know.

However, I have sent an email to Apple explaining what has happened. If they have good procedures in place, they should be able to see my iTunes account(s) and the devices associated with it. Remove the iPhone from the Apple ID that is is currently assocaited with and then I will be able to associate with the correct ID.

It seems very straight forward!

Restored iPhone, signed in with wrong apple ID & can't use iTunes Match for 33 days!!u

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.