Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail notifications aren't up to date

Using Notification center for mail, and the "unread messages" aren't up to date. I have 2 accounts, and in the inbox for one are 3 messages, 1 in the other. However, in Notification Center, there is what appears to be a random selection of messages, some of which are actually unread and unseen, some of which are both read and seen, and some of which are unread but seen.

What I WANT is for it to show all the unread messages in my inboxes...seen or unseen, and ONLY unread messages.

Any thoughts?

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 11:49 AM

1 reply

Jan 2, 2013 6:07 PM in response to crh3ff

Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.reminders

Copy (command-C) the whole line of text to the Clipboard.

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder

from the menu bar. Paste (command-V) into the box that opens, then press return. A Finder window should open with a folder selected. If it does, move the selected foldernot just its contents — to the Trash.

The folder you're deleting has a name that begins with "com.apple." It is not the subfolder named "Data" or anything else.

Log out, log back in, and test.

Caution: If you delete some or all of the contents of the selected folder, but leave the folder itself in place, Reminders may not work. Deleting the folder will cause it to be rebuilt automatically.

Mail notifications aren't up to date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.