Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 5g restore problem help me

i have and ipod touch 5g and im trying to restore it, its alredy in the recovery mode. but when i download the software is not transfering to the ipod please help me i've downloaded the software like 6 times

iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 12:57 PM

9 replies

Jan 2, 2013 2:42 PM in response to lllaass

no, when i restore it the first time it entered in the recovery mode and i cant use it without downloading and updating software, now when i donwnload the software it downloads completely on itunes but the ipod continues with the screen turned on saying that i should conect it to itunes. and now it doesnt appears any error mmessages

Jan 2, 2013 2:52 PM in response to LuigiDellaGiustina15

Maybe:

Restore loop (being prompted to restore again after a restore successfully completes)

Troubleshoot your USB connection. If the issue persists, out-of-date or incorrectly configured third-party security software may be causing this issue. Please follow Troubleshooting security software issues. .

Next try placing in DFU mode and then restoring.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

Then try restoring on another computer.

Last, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Ipod touch 5g restore problem help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.