Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand keeps crashing whenever I try to edit tracks and stuff?!

I don't understand. GarageBand on the Mac I use always used to work. Now, I will open my Movie project and move around some audio, then I get a pop-up saying GarageBand "Unexpectedly Quit." It does this every time. Can someone please help?

I'm not sure of what OS X version the Mac is running, because the Mac isn't at my house. I can check tomorrow if need be, but I'm not exactly sure how.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:37 PM

It would help to see the first sixty lines of the crash log; the above error message is usually accompanied by a log showing the reason for the crash. So we can only guess.

If the crash happens, when you are moving around audio files, the reason may be that you are having a corrupted aidio file in your GarageBand project.

Select your project in the Finder window and ctrl-click the project file. In the pop-up window select "Show Package Contents". Now you can look inside the package and open the "Media" folder. There you should find your audio files. Copy them to the Desktop and open them in another application to check, if one of them cannot be played properly.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2013 2:37 PM in response to BigTarantula99

It would help to see the first sixty lines of the crash log; the above error message is usually accompanied by a log showing the reason for the crash. So we can only guess.

If the crash happens, when you are moving around audio files, the reason may be that you are having a corrupted aidio file in your GarageBand project.

Select your project in the Finder window and ctrl-click the project file. In the pop-up window select "Show Package Contents". Now you can look inside the package and open the "Media" folder. There you should find your audio files. Copy them to the Desktop and open them in another application to check, if one of them cannot be played properly.

Regards

Léonie

Jan 2, 2013 3:06 PM in response to léonie

Thank you so much for all the text. : )

I don't actually have any audio in the project because it keeps crashing and erasing all of my data. I'm only using Apple Loops, anyway. All I have in the project is a movie clip.

leonieDF wrote:

the above error message is usually accompanied by a log showing the reason for the crash.

It doesn't. If this occurs in Mountain Lion only, I know I'm certainly not running Mountain Lion. All it says after the crash is Ignore, Send Report or Reopen.

GarageBand keeps crashing whenever I try to edit tracks and stuff?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.