Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iOS 4, I want iOS 5, NOT iOS 6

I have iOS 4, I want iOS 5, NOT iOS 6.

I have an application that I want to run that is known to work well with iOS 5, but has troubles with iOS 6.

Knowing Apple, I assume they do not allow this. I have been told that jailbreaking is the only way (which I do not want to do).

Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:30 PM

8 replies

Jan 2, 2013 2:35 PM in response to Ziatron

You would have to find a signed copy of the .ipsw file, copy it to your computer and update your iPhone on your computer without going to the iTunes server. This is not supported by Apple as you well know and you have no guarantee that the copy of the .ipsw file you get has been corrupted, has malware, etc.

Knowing you, and how long you stayed with 3.0.1, I'm surprised you haven't looked for a different app that runs under iOS 4.

Maybe you should just wait until the developer fixes their app or iOS 6.1 is released.

I have iOS 4, I want iOS 5, NOT iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.