Skip navigation

iTunes keeps downloading duplicate items

1147 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2014 10:04 AM by DVLH93 RSS
TonberryKing Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 2, 2013 2:32 PM

I'm not sure if I'm submitting this to the right forum, as I'm not sure if it's an application issue or a store issue. I downloaded a TV series from the store, my first TV show purchase after iTunes 11 was released. On several occasions now, it has downloaded duplicates of episodes, the first being the day I purchased it! It downloads a duplicate which then it says has not been watched, adds a file to the library with a sequencial number, and proudly shows the duplicate in the library. The only way I've found to solve it is to delete the affected files, and re-download them again, as if I simply delete the duplicates it shows up as being available on iCloud! Does anyone know why it would be doing this?

If it helps, I'm running a late 2009 Mac Mini, with the latest version of OSX and iTunes, and my library is stored on an external drive which is never removed.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • a300moose Calculating status...
    Apr 1, 2013 3:05 PM (in response to TonberryKing)

I'm having the same problem.  iTunes is now downloading the third copy of Season 3 of one of my shows.  I really wish Apple would fix this.

• paperqueen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jun 22, 2013 4:49 PM (in response to TonberryKing)

Ditto here. Each episode is downloading in duplicate, simultaneously, both copies in HD. From web searches, looks like this has been going on for quite a while. Kind of surprised there's no solution yet.

• Dave Ings Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Aug 7, 2013 6:26 AM (in response to paperqueen)

+1 .... very annoying, as it is a frequent occurence.

• flail13 Calculating status...
    Sep 13, 2013 8:13 AM (in response to TonberryKing)

Same problem here.  VERY ANNOYING - especially if you live in an area with a slow connection - as it is now preventing me from downloading newly purchased items.

Any solution yet...?

• Gunnerjoe Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)
    Sep 21, 2013 12:28 PM (in response to TonberryKing)

Hi All,

Same problem here. It does not do this annoying behaivior with all TV shows but some shows it does this religiously. Example: Chuck - All Seasons, The Aviators - Some of the seasons.

Joe

• Wildthing1 Calculating status...
    Feb 2, 2014 2:46 AM (in response to TonberryKing)

This happens very frequently and has become so irritating I am considering no longer using iTunes.  I also find it very disappointing that Apple, despite numerous posters saying they have this probelm, have decline to comment or address the problem.

I've spent the last few years switching over to Apple in most things, iPhone, iPod, iTunes, and got AppleTV, and also several members of my family and friends followed suit when they saw what I had. 

All of my enthusiasm for Apple products however has been undone, with iTunes becoming an ever increasingly woeful piece of software.  It crashes regularly, downloads duplicates, forgets artwork I'd spent hours adding, and the in store search facility is pedantic e.g. typing 'sex in the city season 1' will not find 'sex and the city season 1' for example.  A truely aweful piece of software.

• DVLH93 Calculating status...
    Apr 14, 2014 10:04 AM (in response to TonberryKing)

Yes I have had this problem too, and this is with both of my TV and Music purchases. it's driving me nuts, it takes longer to have no downloads available...i hope apple fixes this soon.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.