Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 1G doesn’t see my AirPort network anymore

I have an 1st-gen Apple TV with a 160 GB drive, which started having trouble connecting to the master iTunes library. I reset it to factory conditions using its menus.

After rebooting from that it failed to connect to my home network. It neither discovers it, nor can it connect to the network, when I spell out the SSID explicitly.

Probably this failure to get on the wireless network was the problem in the first place. Does this problem mean that my Apple TV is broken?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 8:06 PM

3 replies

Jan 3, 2013 8:13 PM in response to D. Hoffmann

I thought that it might have something to do with the Timed Access Control in my AirPort Extreme base station, which only lets clients onto the network that have a MAC address already in a whitelist on the AirPort Extreme. Turning that feature off on the AirPort Extreme didn't change anything in terms of allowing my Apple TV onto the network. Plus, the Apple TV's MAC address had been programmed into that whitelist all along.

Apple TV 1G doesn’t see my AirPort network anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.