Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID does not have permission to access iTunes Connect.

Hi, I am trying to publish an ebook to the iTunes store. In iBooks Author, I chose Publish from the File menu, then followed the steps to create an account. I'm at the stage where I am supposed to download and install iTunes producer, but I am getting the message above in my web browser. In other words, it is not accepting my Apple ID or Password. iBooks Author is now saying, "After you download and install iTunes producer, click Continue" but I obviously can't do that. This seems like a dead end. How do I get out of this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 9:52 PM

5 replies

Sep 12, 2013 4:55 PM in response to Timothy Arends1

I've got exactly the same issue. I have worked with IBook Producer and they want me to call them so they can get into my account hopefully solving it. Just haven't had time to sit on hold so I haven't called back yet.

Timothy Arends1 wrote:

Hi, I am trying to publish an ebook to the iTunes store. In iBooks Author, I chose Publish from the File menu, then followed the steps to create an account. I'm at the stage where I am supposed to download and install iTunes producer, but I am getting the message above in my web browser. In other words, it is not accepting my Apple ID or Password. iBooks Author is now saying, "After you download and install iTunes producer, click Continue" but I obviously can't do that. This seems like a dead end. How do I get out of this?

Apple ID does not have permission to access iTunes Connect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.