5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 8:51 PM by Timothy Arends1
Timothy Arends1 Level 2 (290 points)

Hi, I am trying to publish an ebook to the iTunes store. In iBooks Author, I chose Publish from the File menu, then followed the steps to create an account. I'm at the stage where I am supposed to download and install iTunes producer, but I am getting the message above in my web browser. In other words, it is not accepting my Apple ID or Password. iBooks Author is now saying, "After you download and install iTunes producer, click Continue" but I obviously can't do that. This seems like a dead end. How do I get out of this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • K T Level 7 (23,705 points)

Did you create a specific free or paid books account yet?

• Timothy Arends1 Level 2 (290 points)

I went through the process of creating an acount, but I haven't gotten an approval email from Apple yet. Now I don't even know if I should quit iBooks Author, because it's still waiting for me to download and install iTunes Producer. I don't want to interrupt the process.

• K T Level 7 (23,705 points)

Tried the new account login with iTunes Connect?

• MaxMajor Level 1 (0 points)

I've got exactly the same issue. I have worked with IBook Producer and they want me to call them so they can get into my account hopefully solving it. Just haven't had time to sit on hold so I haven't called back yet.

Timothy Arends1 wrote:

Hi, I am trying to publish an ebook to the iTunes store. In iBooks Author, I chose Publish from the File menu, then followed the steps to create an account. I'm at the stage where I am supposed to download and install iTunes producer, but I am getting the message above in my web browser. In other words, it is not accepting my Apple ID or Password. iBooks Author is now saying, "After you download and install iTunes producer, click Continue" but I obviously can't do that. This seems like a dead end. How do I get out of this?

• Timothy Arends1 Level 2 (290 points)

I was able to solve this problem by updating iTunes producer and anything else that needed updating. Now I am able to login using my standard Apple account, and I published my first iBook a couple of weeks ago, so Apple has apparently fixed this problem.