Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Its been 2 Weeks since I submitted my Podcast Feed!

I have submitted a fresh new (RSS FEED VERIFIED) feed into iTunes and am now on the second week without seeing it in the store 😟

I started with an old feed that consisted of one .mp3 episode.

The old podcast started off on the feed 'dubroachpodcast.podbean.com/feed' which successfully uploaded to iTunes within two days. This podcast had one episode (that was submitted using the '******@gmail.com' itunes account, no longer used):

Old Podcast Details:

Name: DubRoachPodcast

Episode Name: DubRoach Weekly Podcast

_____

*******The feed for this podcast has been removed (does not exist any more) and I have been waiting a couple of weeks for it to be removed from the iTunes store. I have even received an email saying the podcast has been removed, when it is still on the iTunes store (This is greatly confusing people trying to subscribe).********

____

The new podcast feed is 'dubroach.podbean.com/feed' (Submitted using ******@gmail.com iTunes account). I have checked the feed and there are no errors that should make iTunes reject the submission (Feel free to check this for me).

The podcast details are as follows:

Podcast Name: DubRoach Weekly Podcast

Episodes:

DubRoach Weekly 1 (House)

DubRoach Weekly 2 (Dubstep and Moomba)

DubRoach Weekly 3 (Hardcore)

____

If I import straight from the website to iTunes (can be found on 'dubroach.podbean.com'), or enter the feed url into an apple device, the podcast works fine, displays all 3 episodes and plays flawlessly.

I guess what I am asking is if there is any confliction with the previous, old Podcast feed.

If there isn't, what have I done wrong?

The feed has been up since Friday the 30th of November and submission of the new feed was also on this day. The feed has had over 300 hits since then but I have lost over a Thousand subscribers that have not been able to find the Podcast in the iTunes store.

<Email Edited by Host>

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 11:39 PM

1 reply

Jan 2, 2013 11:42 PM in response to DubRoachProduction

Just to add, i saw this reply:

iTunes won't let you submit the new podcast because it thinks it's a duplicate of the old one. So you have to:

1. Change the <title> and <link> fields of your RSS feed to something other than what they are now.

2. Resubmit the podcasts via the iTunes podcast page.

3. Once you have successfully submitted it, you can go ahead and change those fields back to what they were.

But i dont just want to go changing titles and that, but if i have to what do i need to change?

Its been 2 Weeks since I submitted my Podcast Feed!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.