Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone help me please. my mac's being weird. Am i hacked or infected

Hi everyone,

I've recently updated to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and I've been experiencing some weird stuff on my mac. I am not sure whether this is the culprit but there's this weird flickering and sometimes the cursor just jumps. I reset the PRAM already and still the same. It's been occuring when I'm typing and sometimes while surfing the net. when clicking the ? on my keyboard. when i press shift + ? it sometimes just acts like return and adds a new line or when in chrome it says insert query and opens a new blank tab. I've also added a video of what it does when i email. Hope it helps to figure out what's wrong. I'm hoping someone can tell me what to do.

Link to video: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20181847/error-mac.m4v

Thanks a lot!

Jhon

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 12:52 AM

5 replies

Jan 3, 2013 1:11 AM in response to jhinadwin

Amazing how often Chrome comes into matters like this. Unless you absolutely need it, I would suggest you delete it and use Safari or Firefox.

Use the free app Easy find or App Cleaner to completely remove chrome and all the extentions you may have downloaded (the extentions are a main source of problems).

Once all is back to normal you can always try Chrome again ... but as I mentioned, be very wary of the extentions.

Can someone help me please. my mac's being weird. Am i hacked or infected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.