Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband ipad better then garageband osx?

Does anyone know an app like garageband on the ipad for OSX? (on the ipad there are many things possible which aren't on OSX)

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 3:34 AM

9 replies

Jan 3, 2015 1:05 AM in response to Cybert_be

It ***** that the iPad version is actually better for composing your own songs, editing tracks very easily while the mac version you limited to just loops and creating your own actual song (not bunching together their loops to create a song) is not possible. where on the iPad version you can actual compose and create your own actual song is very easy. Seems that if you shell out $1000 bucks for a mac, you should get an even easier and better Garageband, but thats not the case. Very disappointing

Jan 3, 2015 2:01 AM in response to petermac87

Well since I'm a new Mac buyer who just shelled out over $1000 thinking I might get a more professional version of GarageBand, yeah I think I have a right to complain. And since I see you haven't contributed anything at all to this discussion, I guess you shouldn't be telling others not to contribute, as maybe we would like apple to notice that maybe they need to improve certain things.

Garageband ipad better then garageband osx?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.