Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2008 won't send mail (v4.6)

My wife is running Mail 4.6 on her early 2008 MBP, accessing an IMAP/SMTP email account of an organisation that we both work on behalf of. I am accessing the exact same account with the same version of mail using an early 2009 iMac. I am able to send and receive mails, whilst she can only receive. We're both on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

I have been through the account setting a couple of dozen times and they are identical, so I'm at a loss as to why she is unable to send mail. Unsent mails come back with an error referring to 'OK Dovecot ready.' which, after checking on the web, I understand means that the mail client is connecting to the server but it somehow all falls to pieces thereafter. Assuming that this is some sort of server connection issue, wouldn't I expect to see it happening on both computers rather than just the MBP?

Any suggestions would be greatly welcome.

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 4:33 AM

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro 2008 won't send mail (v4.6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.